It’s Taco Tuesday! Today I am making some Teriyaki tacos with a delicious Mango Jalapeño Sauce because the secret is in the sauce. I whipped up the chicken, pineapple, red onions and taco shells in my new Le Creuset nonstick pans which handled it like a champ. I have had these pans for a few months now and I am totally converted, they are heavy duty, super nonstick aaaaand come with a lid because who has been guilty of just wrapping tin foil over your lidless pan??! Oh and they don’t peel like most other brand name nonstick pans do. This is the pan that I have.
Let’s talk about the sauce for a minute and how darling is my mini Le Creuset cocotte? My 3 year old took her chicken out of the taco and just dipped it in the sauce and kept asking for more, I didn’t add any Jalapeño seeds so that it wasn’t spicy for my kids.
This meal came together pretty fast and it is really easy to make it paleo by using a lettuce wrap or avocado or salad instead of using a taco shell.
- 3 Chicken breasts
- 1 cup of coconut aminos or teriyaki sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- pineapple chunks
- lettuce of choice (I used red cabbage)
- red onion
- For the DRESSING:
- 1½ cup mango chunks
- 3 oz avocado oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- juice from 1 lime
- half of a jalapeño
- 1 tbsp honey (or 2-3 dates)
- First add your coconut aminos or teriyaki sauce to your chicken breasts and let marinate for 30 mins-couple hours.
- Meanwhile chop up all your veggies, before you are ready to cook the chicken add chopped red peppers and pineapple into the pan with a tiny bit of avocado oil or olive oil. Cook it up till you get a nice char.
- Add all dressing ingredients except the jalapeño to a blender and blend. Deseed the jalapeño if you don't want it to be spicy and add it to the blender and pulse.
- Then start heating up some taco shells (optional).
- Next slice up your chicken and cook in pan on medium high heat until cooked through.
- Add chicken, pineapple, peppers, tomato, lettuce and sauce to your shell of choice (lettuce, avocado or make a salad). Enjoy.