Think of the “cookies” as a less dense version of a protein power ball. My husband grew up loving no bake, Peanut Butter Drop Cookies, so I took my Mother-in-law’s recipe (that called for 2 cups of sugar by the way) and made them way more healthy with a FRACTION of the sugar thanks to my awesome Silver Fern Kakato sweetener that has 0g of sugar in it, it is kind of like stevia except it doesn’t have that weird after taste that stevia has. You can find it on amazon HERE.
I used the Silver Fern Kakato sweetener above, a little bit of the Silver Fern Vanilla Protein Powder and only 1/3 cup of honey and it is perfectly sweet! So I replace the refined white sugar with healthy sugars, replaced dairy with the protein powder and replaced butter with coconut oil!
I promise it is a treat your kids will love and not even know they are eating a healthier version.
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ⅓ cup kakato sweetener or stevia
- ⅓ cup honey
- ⅓ cup vanilla whey protein powder
- ⅓ cup water
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter (or another nut butter)
- 2 cups of instant gluten free oats
- 1 cup rice krispies cereal
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Heat coconut oil, kakato, protein powder, honey, salt and water on the stove top to mix well, heat till mixed not boiling.
- Add to a bowl with peanut butter, oats, rice krispies, stir till evenly combined.
- Once mixture is cooled add chocolate chips (so they don't melt).
- Place on a piece of wax paper or parchment paper in large spoonfuls.
- Put in fridge until set.
- Cover and Store in fridge.